Friday 3 December 2010

30 days of truth : Day One

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.

This is a slightly difficult one to start off on. I have spent a considerable amount of time concentrating on my strengths and embracing my weaknesses that I don't really "hate" anything about myself. But since it's all fun and games, I would have to say that I have this unenviable ability to tolerate foolishness from significant others.

I believe it stems from the fact that I absolutely DESPISE confrontation. I find that the men I've dated, when criticized, get ultra-defensive, and you know what they say, attacking is the best form of defense. I have often been the one to just shrug my shoulders and swallow bull rather than risk starting an argument.

However, as I've grown, I've come to realize that not all confrontation is destructive, and for my own health and the health of the relationship, I know in future I will not hold back in airing any grievances I have about a situation. I will just be diplomatic in doing so. After all, holding on to one's frustrations can actually have a negative impact on a situation. I always liken holding your tongue when somebody offends you to blowing up a balloon. Over indulgence can lead to you destroying everything you've worked towards.

Thank you for reading :-)

- S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment