Saturday 11 December 2010

30 days of truth : Day Three

Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.

I know, I know. It's been a few days since I had an entry. So it's not really 30 consecutive days. But things have been so busy with me, and I'm trying lol. So I'ma catch up a bit, I promise.

Something I have to forgive myself for? Easy. For wasting my time on people who don't deserve it.

If I have one regret in life, it's wasting my time. Every single second, every single minute we spend being unhappy is time that we can't get back. Life is too short. Before we know it, it's over. And when I look back, I wonder "what was I thinking?" Well actually, I think "what the fuck is wrong with you?" but I was trying to clean it up.

I put a lot of pressure on myself. I want to be brilliant. I want it all, and honestly, I don't think that's too much to ask, because I know it can be done. And in my pursuit of wanting it all, I have held on to toxic situations in hope that they will take a turn for the better, rather than cutting my losses and trying again. And now, at 23, I sit here and think of how much happiness I missed out on and how many tears I wasted rather than just not fearing change. And it  makes me mad. And honestly, sometimes I beat myself up about it. And so I think more than anything, if I can make permanent peace with myself about it all, life will be that much sweeter :-)

S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment